7 Quick Takes

1. There is a fundraiser for an adoption that I’d like to recommend. This family is travelling in 5 weeks to Serbia to adopt their third son from there, making him their fourth child with Down Syndrome. They have an awesome piece of art and some other goodies, and the fundraiser is taking part through Project Hopeful.

You can win this beautiful, created just for this fundraiser picture:

Family Drawing Post 3

It’s the ASL sign for family. What better art to display in your family home?

ETA:  A new Kindle is added as part of a separate fundraiser.

2. I might have to stop being a Harel Skaat fanboy. He no longer needs glasses. I mean… He looks so cute with glasses!

You see? He is very cute with glasses! However, I understand that he went the surgery route: I’d give anything not to have to find my glasses and the speech processor each morning before i can see and hear.

The English translation of this classic song, “How Shall I Bless Him?” can be found here.

3.  I can’t believe that I haven’t watched any of the Kdam shows live this year yet! I will make sure to watch the final! I did record them and watched the quarter finals, and I have some preferences about who we should send to Eurovision this year. I hope we can pick someone who can make it to the final this year! The Hungarian selections are going well, too. In addition to it being entertaining, I love the ESC because it gives a glimpse of other countries’ music scene. Now most of the national shows are available live online, or on YouTube afterwards, and then the contest itself showcases 40+ countries, It’s quite awesome to listen to music from Ukraine to Macedonia to Ireland!

4. Before the Eurovision Song Contest there will be another big international popularity contest, aka the conclave. Today is the first day in 700ish years that the world has a retired pope. I find it funny that bets can be made for the next pope the same way as for Championship League winners and Oscar recipients.

At the same time, it seems that not only are we without a pope now, there is one less active clergy in the family as well. Oh well. It’s only temporary. My cousin ended up having to raise his nieces and nephews, who are many, and decided to request a leave of absence from the parish to sort some things out in the next few months, as he couldn’t carry out all his duties at once. I am not sure how that works, but he is now back in our hometown with the kids.

5. I finished watching Camelot.  I so wish there had been a season two. I love the whole Arthurian legend, I love Joseph Fiennes, and I love a Merlin, who is not Arthur’s buddy. Not that I don’t like Merlin, it’s just a nice break to get the manipulative, adult Merlin. I also started to re-watch Stargate: Universe. I wish we had a proper closure for that show.

6. Kevin is starting his new job, out of town, today. Actually, he is starting with his day off. 🙂 This should make things more interesting as he is still the only driver in our home now. My wrist is still not healed, and it will be weeks or months before I can drive again.

7. Shabbat Shalom.

14 Responses to “7 Quick Takes”

“another big international popularity contest” LOL!
    Shabbat Shalom!
    Ciska recently posted..Run around the blockMy Profile

2. Jon says:

How much longer before Craig is driving? 😮

Harel does look really cute with the glasses. 🙂
    Hugs, Jon

3. Just Jill says:

1) A family with 4 kids with Ds? Oh, that’s CrAzY! Good Luck, Leah! You’re definitely one that God has gifted in that way, and I know B will thrive with you!

2) Sigh. You get me all into the cuteness that is RL, and now you threaten to back away? I’m not sure you’re worthy of the term “fanboy!” Well….maybe…

3) Enjoy! Keep us updated. 🙂

4) I’m impressed with your cousin.

5) I have always loved the Arthurian legend, too. How have we missed this commonality?

6) I hope it goes well for him and that the logistics of drivers and such is easily managed.

7) Shalom!

1) I am really excited for B. I can’t wait for him to be home!
      2) You know I could never give up Harel!
      3) Oh, I shall. 🙂 You will get more ESC than you want!
      4) Same here.
      5) I don’t know. Maybe we should talk more about classics.
      6) I think the kids will have to become more independent with the public transportation…

Camelot? Which version? Saw Richard Harris as King Arthur many years ago. He was MAGNIFICENT!!!

5. A says:

Óóó, milyen új munka, Kevinnek?!

És Harel cuki, akár szemüvegben, akár parókában, akár kopaszon (na jó, az a fele kopasz, fele hosszú elég vicces volt!)… 😀

6. I often think the same thing about my eyes, but then I discover it’s not quite true, because I’m not ready to have lasers or knives dicing up my eyes. Maybe someday I’ll get the guts….maybe not!

I didn’t see DS in your post but someone put it in the comments. Always makes my eyes perk up since my daughter has DS… 🙂
    Kathleen Basi recently posted..Adventures In Speech Production (and other kid-ness)My Profile

I think I would love to have my eyes fixed, at least the near sightedness. I nedd bifocals and I don’t really like it!

Leah is adopting a child with DS, she already has three, two of them from Serbia. I don’t have children with very visible special needs, and I don’t think I’d ever adopt a child with DS, but I’m really excited for B to go home to this family! Hers was one of the first blogs I’ve read about older children with DS and I admire her for adopting older, non-verbal boys! So while I don’t think my family would be a good place for a child with DS, I hope I can just help a little bit.

BTW, I do read your blog regularly.

7. That makes me smile. 🙂