7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. I was going to skip this week, but this morning I ran onto something I decided I had to share with the worls (well, those 30 people, who read my blog and are not my Facebook friends), because it’s just important to me. There are just things that I think everyone should see…

2. …especially when it involves living with cancer, and, in this case, Harel Skaat and Yehuda Poliker. It’s their duet “Hero”, starring some of the great heroes of this world.

3. I was going to post my recipe for hamantashen, but then I relaized that half the measurements are not there, and the other half are metric, so I suggest this recipe instead.

purim-basket4. I had a temporary “I hate Purim” phase. Luckily it passed. Yesterday the kids took a whole bunch of purim baskets to school. The fun was taken out by the email that we goit that all the kids should gift all the classmates of the same gender. My kids were a bit bummed, because they were already planning and buying special gifts for their friends, so I let them make different mishloach manot for their friends than for their other classmates. The normal packs included a lollipop, a small chocolate bar and a juice box. There were lot fancier ones for the real friends! It seems that everyone thought along the same lines, so there was a variety of foods the kids brought home, and apparently everyone did have fun.

5. This morning was the Purim fun run at the kids’ school, so I volunteered to man a table, and took cookies and Soda Stream syrups. The fun run was, well, fun, and there was quite a chunk of money raised. Academic scholarships for the next year were announced, and all the kids made the list! YAY.

6. This week we updated our wills, finished taxes, and decided to not pursue the adoption of our foster children at this time. After many conversations with the social workers and the kids, currently the best for them is to remain our long term foster children.

ETA: Decided not to pursue means we were pretty much told we can’t.

7. Shabbat Shalom and Chag Purim Sameach!

25 Responses to “7 Quick Takes”

1. Cinnamon says:

#6 Oh, Hevel. :,(

Oh….how did the foster kids take the news???

Pretty well, because they can stay here. There are several things that are currently working out better for them if we don’t adopt them at this point.

#6 Even tho’ it can be tough to make decisions like this, to do what is best for the kids is important. So glad they can stay with you!
    #5 as a teacher, I always appreciated the parents and other volunteers who helped in the classroom and at the school and on field trips. 馃檪 Thank you for being a parent who cares and helps!
    #2 This made me cry! Sad-tears…for those who suffer…for those who lose the battle. And I cried tears of joy because of the beautiful heroes, those who battle and survive, and for the beautiful music! 馃檪 Harel Skaat and Yehuda Poliker are heroes, too! Love their handsome faces in the vid!
    #4 the Purim baskets look amazing and fun! 馃檪
    Happy Friday and Weekend!
    HUGS!!! 馃檪

#6. It was a difficult decision. At this point even if we decided to continue, our chances would be very slim. So we wait for now. So for now we wait.
      #5. Volunteering in the classroom was an annoyance for me when I was teaching, but I like volunteering for events and stuff.
      #2. I wish Yehuda Poliker could have been there for the filming. He is quite awesome, too.

4. michelle says:

they do the same thing for valentines here for the students. it is required that they bring for all the students or none at all. you can bring special ones for your friends but you must have one for all of them

We had to do it for valentine’s day this year, too! That’s 2 compulsory candy giving events within two weeks. Ugh.

5. Milena says:

6.) I’m happy that the children you love get to stay with you! Though it’s sad that they can’t be yours through adoption.

5.) Congratulations to the scholarships!

3.) Hey – what’s wrong with metric 馃槈

Nothing! I was just too lazy to try to convert to imperial! Metric is the easiest thing ever!

• Milena says:

Yay for metric 馃檪

(I’m awful at converting)

• Nora says:

Hevel dear, please don’t tell fibs…NOTHING to do with numbers may ever be described as the “easiest thing ever”!!!! Tsk. Tsk.

Seriously, when the alternative is not having a constant multiplier, giving weird names to your money instead of using the value and having no logic behind the thermometer, metric is the best and easiest!

I’m so sorry about #6, but I’m glad they can stay as long term foster children. That’s what’s most important: that they can stay in your family. I just hope it won’t ruin your holiday weekend. Enjoy it!
    Ciska recently posted..7 Quick Takes FridayMy Profile

I know Mr. Skaat, as you intro’d him to me. I thought I knew what Yehuda looks like, but apparently it wasn’t him in the vid. I’ll have to look up his face online.
    Oh…Saturday…busy day for me.
    HUGS!!!

OH MY!!! I think he is handsome!!! And closer to my age group!!! 馃榾
    HUGS!!! 馃檪

Tis okay…I can still crush. I’ve been in love with Anderson Cooper for years and years and years. 馃檪

10. Boz贸t says:

Yay for scholarships and kids staying with you(even if “only” foster care! The video is awesome!

Strange about the Purim presents…same gender only? why?
    Boz贸t recently posted..KajaMy Profile