7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. I am absolutely grateful for my family and friends. I am not sure what I’d do without them. I am also very grateful for my blog friends, and I’m sorry if my last post caused any tensions. I am having a very hard time handling even normal, everyday situations right now, and I definitely don’t have an apropriate response for support expressed at this time. I chose to put all the comments into moderation till I can either respond to them or enough time has passed and enough new comments have appeared to not feel like I need to do anything about them. So while they disappeared, they haven’t been deleted.  comments
    See, that 6 is 5 of your comments and one by Annie from a while back.
  2. Harel Skaat is working on a new album.
  3. This morning I had a visit from my rabbi. I adore that man. He knows full well that both Kevin and I are agnostic/atheist and we mainly attend because of our children, yet he really cares about us and our well being. he made it a point to have breakfast with me at least once every two weeks.
  4. We had an issue with Kevin’s work hours being cut way way back quite unexpectedly. It turned out that there was simply no way for him to get more hours, but his boss recommended him for  a teaching position at an American school’s Israeli campus. He got the job and starts on March 1. This job involves a bit longer commute every day, and sometimes being away overnight, but it has some great perks. One of them is that he will have 3 days off each week (Friday to Sunday).
  5. The elections are but a few days away and I’m still undecided between Kadima and Meretz. And possibly Labour.  Because, unlike the USA, we really have a multi-party democracy, and it means that just voting against who you dislike is not really an option, because there are so many others to vote for. The funny thing is, in the past weeks I remember all of 2 campaigning posts on my FB wall and that was about what that party is going to do, not mud throwing at Likud. Thank you, my Israeli FB friends for being able to handle elections in a lot more elegant and civilised way than what was going on during the autumn, and let’s hope that it stays like that in the next few days.
  6. I haven’t read at all this week. I made attempts, but never got further than a few lines. Maybe over the weekend I’ll read more.
  7. Shabbat Shalom.

12 Responses to “7 Quick Takes Friday”

1. Galit says:

Hope you feel better soon!
    Galit recently posted..I can’t say it better myselfMy Profile

Dear Hevel, I wanted to comment on your last post, but it’s been quite hectic the last few days. Don’t worry about what we / I think or feel. Really, your readers will be fine. 🙂
    Take the time to rest, heal, feel. I don’t know if you appreciate prayers, but if you do, I’ll be glad to pray for you.
    Ciska recently posted..7 Quick Takes FridayMy Profile

I don’t mind prayers, but at the same time I usually don’t solicit them. If that makes sense. If you feel like praying, I appreciate it and thank you.

Dráááága! Látod, mondtam én, hogy majd a ruca! Rendezi Kevin sorsát, és minden rendben lesz.
    MINDEN RENDBEN LESZ!!! 😉
    Szeretlek! 🙂
    Andi recently posted..Csak a rend kedvéért!My Profile

4. You are loved. And prayed for. You are a good friend. And I’m glad your Rabbi comes to eat with you. What a lovely thing.
    Welcome Home Katya recently posted..SwampedMy Profile

5. Shauna says:

I am sorry you aren’t feeling well. You’re a fantastic person and are so giving to others. Don’t worry about your friends and readers, tho. Take care of yourself.
    Since you are so tuned in to triggers and long term effects, I wonder if you can use the same insight to figure out what leads to these deep dark feelings? Knowing those does give some relief.
    I also love how your rabbi comes to visit and for a nosh! Priceless friendship….

Shauna

I’m doing my best to take care of myself, and I am actually letting others take care of me.
      Unfortunately no matter what insight I seem to have, I have no idea what happened to cause my speedy decompensation.
      And yes, I love, love, love my rabbi!

Friday thru Sundays off sounds wonderful! That is a blessing for your family. Prayers for your healing. 🙂

He puts the 6-day workweek into those four days, so we will have 3 days home together. The college doesn’t have classes on Sunday, and Kevin won’t work on Fridays because he just wouldn’t be able to get home in time for the Shabbat.

7. Annie says:

You are dear to so many people.
    Annie recently posted..COME AND FOLLOW MEMy Profile

8. Milena says:

I’m happy to hear that others may take care of you! I’m sure it’s a gift of love for you and a gift they willingly give. Hope you will feel better soon.