7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. Kevin and Noah came yesterday. Noah’s birthday is the 25th, when he won’t be home, so as a birthday present Kevin took him snorkeling. January is an off season month, because the sea is only aroun 19-20°C, which is actually warmer than the water I snorkeled in in the summer! They rented wetsuits though, and they want to go back tomorrow. They took Eli along, who had his first ever snorkeling experience here this past summer. They are expected back later in the afternoon.
  2. Spinach. I made Hungarian style spinach for lunch with sunny side up eggs. I was thinking of having leftovers to eat later with hard boiled eggs, but the spinach is all gone. It was lovely, a real comfort food for both Grandma and me. Apparently I should make it more often.
  3. readingFinished another book! OK, so this, too, was pretty short. It’s “A Brewing Storm”by “Richard Castle”. Yes, Rick Castle of ABC’s Castle. It was an okay book, or maybe more, because I just had to buy the sequelright away! OK, so I do love light reading. A review of the books will be coming on the Reading Challenge 2013 blog. As I’m typing, I realized I have only a few pages left of the sequel, so I bought the third book as well. Now if only the Nikki Heat novels would go on sale! I also started Neil Gaiman’s “American Gods”. It’s a bit intimidating with its 500+ pages, so I need the shorter, lighter reading to take my mind off the amount of reading I need to do.
  4. I have started working on the Chanukah stocking prototype, using materials at hand. Grandma and I cut up a burlap bag she had lying around, and I found that cross stitching in the burlap was quite easy. It, however, needs some lining, for which I used simple blue cotton. It will work, I think. I need to sew some accents on the burlap, finish the cross stitch and then sew the whole thing together.
  5. Elementary… What a nice twist! I need to re-watch this episode sometime. I can’t wait for Fringe, it’s been starting to pick up again. I kinda wish they never made this season, though. It is like a completely different show! Maybe they should have made it into a completely different show. And tomorrow… we are planning on having a Merlin marathon. Grandma actually likes that show!
  6. I have real, Hungarian pork sausage and real Hungarian Piros Arany! Thanks, Andi! I’m gonna make some sandwiches later when everyone gets back from snorkeling. Yay!
  7. Shabbat shalom! I’m grateful for the opportunity to spend this weekend with my Grandma, Kevin, Noah and Eli. We are going out for dinner tonight at one of the nearby hotels. I know, not exactly a Shabbat eve activity, but this is the only time we have for it. It will be nice, I’m sure!

9 Responses to “7 Quick Takes”

Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Enjoy!
    Ciska recently posted..7 Quick Takes FridayMy Profile

2. Galit says:

Jealous about Eilat…. although this is not too bad for a New England winter.

A bit of cognitive dissonance, rejoicing over pork sausage right before wishing Shabat Shalom….
    Galit recently posted..One YearMy Profile

Oh well, I’m weird like that. Ever since I got sick, the only thing I really want to eat between treatments is pork sausages and shrimp.

So much here makes me smile!!! How cool about the stocking!!! Way to go!!! I’d love to see the final product!!! 🙂 Yay for spinach!!! And sausage!!! 🙂
    Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend with your family!!!
    HUGS for you and HUGS for Grandma!!!
    🙂

4. jen says:

#1: I totally miss snorkeling! I used to go in college when we were on end of school retreats with Intervarsity and were staying on Catalina Island.

#5: I missed “Elementary” last night. Will have to watch it tonight online or something.
    jen recently posted..I Am Stunned and SaddenedMy Profile

I went snorkeling when I lived in La Habra and Yorba Linda. It was fun, and I miss doing it.

I am getting fond of Elementary, though I still refuse to view the characters as “real” Sherlock and Watson.

Mimimi?!