Randomness is the Beauty in Life

Today I looked through my wallet and found a gift card I got from a gay friend with great tastes. It’s to one of the very nice and expensive hair salons here in TA. It expires in 2 weeks. It can only be used by me.

I have no hair.

Bummer.

~o~

Those of you who pray, could you please pray for Katya? The swelling is back on her eye/temple area and she is going to be seen in the ER ASAP.

Photo used with permission

~o~

I really would love to have some gingerbread latte. Really. REALLY. Last year I got a small bottle of gingerbread syrup as a gift, but it’s all gone. Such is life.

14 Responses to “Randomness is the Beauty in Life”

1. Jill says:

1. Call the place. Explain. Thank them. Wait patiently and imagine the fabulous hair you’ll have after they’re done with you.
    2. You know I’m praying for sweet Katya.
    3. I wonder what made you think of Starbucks?

1. Today’s homeschool included “reasoning with a straight hairdresser”. They can’t extend the gift certificate beyond December 31, but changed it from me only to anyone who presents it. I guess Bella’s getting a nice style for her birthday.
      2. Thank you.
      3. No idea, it’s not like a friend of mine and her daughter went to Starbucks after church yesterday, or anything like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. De says:

Praying for Katya. How have you been feeling lately?

Thank you for the prayers. Hope Anne wrote that they were sent home with meds, and information to send to Baltimore, so the team there can evaluate what needs to be done next.

I’m doing okay. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Milena says:

I guess you can buy the gingerbread spices one by one and mix them yourself and add to your coffee?
    I got really worried about Katya ๐Ÿ™ So sorry that she is unwell again!

I found a gingerbread syrup recipe online that i might try. I also have some friends going to Austria and Hungary shortly, they might be able to get some for me.

Katya has been examined and prescribed some meds and was allowed to go home last night. I’m sure HA will keep us updated.

• Milena says:

I have never had a gingerbread latte in my life ๐Ÿ™‚ . However, most things that say “gingerbread” are just with the three gingerbread spices (cinnamon, cloves and ginger) added + sugar. I don’t think you’ll need to make a syrup out of it.

I’m happy to hear that Katya has been examined and sent back home – although the black thinking part of me worries about whether she was thoroughly examined….. I hope she will get better though!

And nutmeg. The thing is, if I make a syrup, it’s a one time effort that lasts a while, and I din’t have to experiment with the ratios and deal with cleaning up my whole spice cabinet. ๐Ÿ˜€

1. You should’ve just gone in and act all surprised that they can’t style your ‘hair’. But I’m pretty sure Bella is excited that she’s getting her hair done!
    2. Poor Katya … I’m praying for her.
    Ciska recently posted..7 Quick Takes FridayMy Profile

5. Bozรณt says:

Oh, gingerbread latte…..no milk in the house aaaargh ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I am still praying for Katya.

Gingerbread is such a wonderful taste that brings memories.
    I hope you get your gingerbread latte. ๐Ÿ™‚