Happy 2013!

May G-d give us good fortune,
love, a burning furnace,
grains to fill my empty bushel
a hand to shake my lonely hand
A flame to my lamp so I need not
too early in my bed lie
Answers to questions He should send
So my faith won’t shatter,
May G-d give us lights,
Instead of funerals – life,
Asking for me is a shameful thing
So without asking He should give

(Adjon az Isten by László Nagy)

13 Responses to “Happy 2013!”

Boldogat, Neked is, nagyon-nagyon! 🙂
    Szeretlek!
    Andi recently posted..LencsesalátaMy Profile

Oh Hevel, I’ve had just an awful, awful past couple of years. This brought so much peace to my heart! Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!!!!

It’s not the best translation ever, it was done by a friend and I, but it’s a poem I love and can relate to.

ps: I’m stealing it for my FB wall. Are you on FB? If so, may I friend you?

I don’t see a link on how to send you a private message, so I shall do it here. Hevel, I’m *completely* fascinated by you. Yes, mostly because you are Jewish and if I were ever to NOT be Roman Catholic, I think that is the faith where the Lord would lead me. My question is this (yes, not my business but I’m not asking out of pure nosiness, just to gain a better grip of my understanding of you) are you Jewish by nationality or a convert to religion? Or are you an Irishman who converted? Your many places of living and the experiences you must have gained through them are just so appealing to me….I’m a wanderer by nature who was given a life of limited travel experiences.

Also, if you wouldn’t mind a private dialogue, I’d like to chat with you about disruptions…my email is above.

Take care!

Nora

I’m an Irishman, who happens to be Jewish. I was born to a mother, who was Jewish, and this happened in Ireland. 🙂 I was raised Roman Catholic and LDS by my aunt and uncle, and I made a conscious choice to return to my roots. Being Jewish, even though I am not sure I actually believe in G-d is something I was born into and I chose.

I can relate to this and what, immediately, comes to my mind is “Yes.”
    Beautiful words. I pray this for you and your precious family.
    HUGS, C. 🙂

Okay Hevel, I’ve been away for ten days and I see you’ve posted like crazy, but when I came to this page, I also noticed the little ticker on the left hand side. So even though it has nothing to do with this post: who’s expecting? So curious!
    Ciska recently posted..Protected: I.T. (4) So Many Excuses …My Profile