So what kind of Legos?

Click the photo for the details!

Links in this post take you to Amazon.

I have mentioned earlier that my family loves Legos. We started with Duplos and even Quatros for the littles, and slowly graduated to regular Legos with the littles. Justin and Matthew even had a baby bath toy made by Lego. While all these Lego products are great for role playing and copying buildings and the such, we always lmited the number of themed sets we buy. We do have several of them, and I just purchased the winter cottage and the post office for my kids, but we prefer to buy the big buckets of blocks and other accessories. Like the one in the picture.

It’s a box of 405 pieces, it has instructions and photos of things that can be built from the contents. Like additional buildings for our winter village. A new hospital for the Barbie that broke her leg (with the assistance of 4-year-old hands: super glue and surgical tape fixed it). Barbies here used to have a lot of Lego furniture till Noa started to play with Fimo. We have a similar box with 700+ pieces, and several smaller block kits of around 250 pieces each in addition to the themed sets. We have a few Lego City things that my kids love.

The good thing about these buckets is that there is no limit to their creativity. They can build whatever they want to, in whatever colour they prefer.

What are your favourite Legos?

10 Responses to “So what kind of Legos?”

1. Galit says:

My boys have duplos that they can use on the floor, and regular legos that they have to sit at the table for. We also have a few of the sets, but those always end up losing parts and then they just join the rest of the bin…. The regular legos are supposed to only be for older kids, but as soon as it was clear that the boys were no longer putting random stuff in their mouths they were allowed to use them. This was an issue for a while when the younger one was too little, so we put the lego bin in a large foil baking dish and told the older one (then about 2 or 3 years old) that all the pieces must stay in the “tray”.
    Galit recently posted..31 for 21: It’s Halloween, which means…My Profile

When Harel was about 9 months old he started to play with the Quatros. He plays with them still and with the Duplos now. The twins just started to play with the Legos (they just turned 4), but because they like to play with Harel, they do play with the Duplos still. In our basement there is always at least one building project going on. 🙂

I love any building toys! And the ones today are far better than the ones they had in the dark ages when I was a kid! 😀 We had Lincoln Logs, etc. 🙂

I taught K for years…and I still have all the Legos I bought for my classroom and the ones for my kiddos at home. 🙂 I love all the little peoples!!! And the sets that build spaceships, cars, etc, are cool!!!

I’m glad Barbie was in good hands!
    HUGS and Happy Weekend,
    C. 🙂

Kevin’s parents just moved here, and brought along most of the Legos Kevin and his siblings had when growing up. They habded some of it out to the other children, but they brought the majority, with the old style figures and stuff. So much awesomeness.

Ezek a dobozosok azért is jók, mert van miben eltárolni őket! 😀
    Andi recently posted..Tökéletes!My Profile

4. De says:

Legos are a main stay here. When I have little ones that may still put things into their mouths, I use the Duplos, but the big kids probably have well over 3000 Legos. I usually buy them used on E-bay by the pound for very reasonable. My boys mostly build ships, planes and cars.
    De recently posted..Swamped & Sometimes DrowningMy Profile

My brother got some Legos by the bag when he was in Europe a few weeks ago. We thought they were just fake Legos, but turns out they are the real thing. They were sold very cheap after some kind of charity event.

5. kathy says:

Tyler used to love Legos. He still has them all plus Kinex. He’s tried to interest the twins in them but no go. They don’t do things that require that kind of concentration. I got them some cool Trio sets (square blocks)but the mostly just pour them out and leave them. Guess Ty will have to save his Legos for his sons.

One of my kids never really got into Legos till he was like 16. He is now 19 and is planning a career in civil engineering. 🙂 His unit participated in a Lego building competition between different units in their brigade last Chanukah, and he hopes to be the team captain. It might just come later for the twins.