7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. Tomorrow is World AIDS Day. As the parent of 3 HIV+ children, I find this day very important to share with people that HIV in the Western World is not an immediate death sentence. Please join me and other posters tomorrow in posting the truth about HIV and AIDS. Please link your posts on this post
  2. Today Yonah and Yehiel are treating me for lunch and then we are going to see Mr. Skaat in concert! I love that this show is in the afternoon. 🙂 Their roommate just paid the first rent, so they are “rich”. So we are going to have some Burger Ranch! It’s been a while since I had real fast food. 😀
  3. This past week Márton Gyöngyösi, a member of the Hungarian Parliament called for a list of Hungarians, in particular MPs and government members with Jewish heritage. The minister of foreign affairs failed to distance himself of such ideas till a press release was circulated today. This press release is almost word by word the same as the one when the government distanced itself from the assault on a Hungarian rabbi, and almost identical to a press release in connection with the Roma Holocaust. Not exactly genuine looking.  Hungary, what’s happening to you?
  4. I have a new iron! And it didn’t cost an arm and a leg. It was needed, because the kids got into fusion (Perler) beads, and those require a functional iron.
  5. I have been going through Facebook to see what else I wanted to share this Friday, and I had to realize that I’m super boring. Or at least those parts that I’m willing to share online. 🙂 Let me just say it: Talent shows are highlights of my week. No, not true. Making fun of the contestants with my friends is the highlight. Of course it doesn’t work with the American ones, but the Hungarian X Faktor and Voice have plenty of people who should have never even applied… and are making it to the live shows. Seriously. But I do find myself entertained by these shows.
  6. I’m getting seriously excited about Chanukah. We are starting to make decorations with the kids, and bringing out the chanukiyot. Can’t wait till they will all be lit!
  7. Shabbat shalom!

12 Responses to “7 Quick Takes Friday”

1. jen says:

#3: That sounds worrying.

#6: I know I could look it up online but when does Chanukah start?
    jen recently posted..7 Quick Takes: Sad News, Grumpy Cats, and Spectacled BearsMy Profile

#3. The whole Hungarian political scene sounds worrying.

#6. Chanukah, as always, starts on Kislev 25. 😛 Ok, December 8 at sunset.

2: Maybe you should ask Mr. Skaat if there’s a discount for frequent visitors? Like at the hairdresser, the tenth visit is half price. I’d guess you could go to at least five concerts for free! :-p
    3: Hungarian ‘politics’ doesn’t surprise me anymore … But this is sad and I can’t think of a positive reason why Gyögyösi would do that.
    4: Siem is in his fusion beads stage too. Makes it easy to shop for Saint Nicholas, Christmas ànd his birthday.
    5: Why yes, Hevel, you’re super boring. Can’t think of anyone more mediocre than you! 😀
    6-7: Enjoy the upcoming holidays!
    Ciska recently posted..7 Quick Takes FridayMy Profile

#2. I wish he did that! I will go to his next concert in TA, but probably not the one after that… unless win free tickets again.
      #3. It’s a mess and they keep getting the country in deeper and deeper…
      #4. It annoys me to no end when I empty the vacuum cleaner and there are all these beads around. 🙂

Érezzétek jól magatokat ma a koncerten! 😉
    …és a hét fénypontja nekem is többnyire a jóindulat-szakkörözés péntek-szombaton! 😀
    De itt vannak ezek a nyomi délutános műszakos heteim, amikor hiányzom a szakkörből… (remélem hiányzom!) 😉

Numbers 1 and 3 are a part of my prayers, thoughts, and concerns.
    All the other of your #’s made me smile.
    I’m so excited that you will be seeing and hearing Mr. Skaat!!!
    Enjoy all the fun!!!
    And iron something for me with your new iron!!!
    😀
    HUGS!!!
    PS…you are NOT boring!

Mr. Skaat was awesome. 😀

There are all of three entries of posts on the World AIDS Day so far… shows how popular a blogger I am. 😀

Iron? Me? Let me quoute Consuela from Family Guy: “No. No. No.”

I was teasing you about the ironing. 🙂

One of my sister-in-law’s had a nephew who was a friend of mine in high school. Sadly he died of AIDS in the early ’80’s. 🙁 I still think of him.

6. Jill says:

1. I remember well all the AIDS workshops I attended in the late 80s. It amazes me what significant strides have been made in the treatments. Thanks for being a part of making sure more people know about it,for helping to normalize it because, really, it should be.
    2. Did you remember to have an onion ring for me? 😉
    3. Wrong on all levels.
    4. You’ll know you’re turning into me if you start keeping backup irons around. Please don’t let that happen.
    5. Hmmm…perhaps you have not turned into me after all, because I have a very different recollection of this.
    6. What decorations are you making?
    7. Shalom, my dear friend.

1. I remember in the mid 90’s everyone was expecting a vaccine within 10 years. That hasn’t happened yet, but treatment has come such a long way.
      2. I had one… or a dozen. 🙂
      3. Yesterday there was an anti-fascist rally in Budapest where leaders from both the left and the right participated.
      4. backup irons? The wireless was the backup one…
      5. It’s Hamas this, IDF that, Oh my gosh Harel Skaat is cute… boring.
      6. Snowflakes, dreidels, chanukiyot decos.
      7. Boker tov!