7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. As you might have noticed, my blog was down for most of the past week. There was a DDOS attack on the server it was on and after waiting a few days to have it resolved, my host just moved my account to a different server. It seems I’m back!
  2. Oh my gosh, when THIS is the best picture you can come up with to promote Peter Pan, then something is very wrong.

Seriously, people. You have two gorgeous actresses and the absolutely fabulous Mr. Skaat to work with. I’m 100% sure there is a copy of Photoshop available as well. It’s a crime against humanity to make this image public. Really. OK, there is something slightly worse…

Of course this only inspired me to get soem tickets to go see Peter Pan. I’m glad I have some kids who will come along… What a great cover they are. 🙂
  3. When will the US elections be over at last? Debates messed up my shows! And… and… Facebook is just so annoying! Seriously, I can’t agree with our current PM, but you know what? I respect him as an elected official of the country… and as the war hero he is. His policies and politics suck, but someone (not me) elected him. I will never vote for him, but I’d be honoured to shake his hand.
  4. Did I mention that my really good friend Nathan made aliyah? He now lives a mere 9 bus stops (with one transfer) away from us. This makes me super happy.
  5. So. If someone (that is us) doesn’t do Christmas, but the kids want a LEGO Advent Calendar, would you just let the kids open 3 windows each night of Chanukah?
  6. One of my dear blog friends just lost her teenage son last week. Please consider donating to his memorial fund. They are a wonderful family, who have adopted four children from Russia, and have been working incredibly hard to fill their needs.
  7. Shabbat Shalom! Those of you changing back to Standard Time this weekend, don’t forget to set your watches back to 2 a.m. And my Hungarian friends? You need to set your alarms for tomorrow, too!

25 Responses to “7 Quick Takes Friday”

1. I was wondering what was wrong …
    3. SO with you on this! We had elections here a few weeks ago and I had hoped the political discussions would be over, but it seems they’ve just started. Many people are angry with the results, but seriously, we all had one vote and if the majority of the population votes different than you do, just accept it already! Sigh. And the US elections are a hot topic here too. Which is ridiculous.
    5. Definitely yes! Though I would ofcourse celebrate Christmas. 😉

Seriously, #3. I was watching the news yesterday and at least half of it was about the US elections. Rockets fired from Gaza got a passing mention. I know that the next 4 years’ foreign policy will be important to Israel, but can we talk about something else, please?

2. Jill says:

1. Yay! I’m so happy you’re back…although I seem to have taken your absence as an excuse not to blog myself. Misery loves company and all that.
    2. Two words: tan line!
    3. My personal strategy is to avoid the news but I am not a glutton for punishment. And I would certainly shake the hand of whomever is POTUS, but would be hard pressed not to punch a certain blond “commentator” in the face.
    4. I am super happy with you and for you! 😀
    5. I would do that. Lego Advent calendars are way too fun!
    6. (((huge hugs))) to you r precious friend. The family stays in my prayers.
    7. I wish we were changing back this weekend…I could go back to early morning, mountain lion free walks instead of commenting on blogs at 6:45 am… 🙂

2. I know, okay? I mean, hello, there are online tutorials about how to fix that in Photoshop.
      3. The same woman, who managed to offend every gay man, every supportive parent of gay men, everyone with intellectual disabilities, and the less right wing advocates for people with disabilities? Kevin keeps saying he wants to dress an Ms. Coulter for Halloween, because that would definitely be the scariest costume!

3. Marica says:

I’ve wanted to bash my brains out thanks to the elections here.

4. Megan says:

That Peter Pan stuff is hilarious! Oh these elections…is it bad that I’m looking forward to election day almost as much as our anniversary (which is the day before) just so it’ll finally be OVER with?! Seriously.

Will be praying for your friend’s family, how heartbreaking.:(

I have no doubt that the stage show will be very enjoyable. It has Harel Skaat and Roni!

I hope your anniversary will be a lot, a lot more fun than the day following it.

5. Milena says:

I’m happy that you are back. I enjoy and appreciate the way you write. I was worried about your silence, but didn’t want to email and ask 🙂

I think it was more my blog not loading than my silence: in the rare minutes it was available I still squeezed in two posts!

6. jen says:

#3: I’m so happy I don’t live in a swing state where I’d have to see smear ads for the state offices, the House, Senate, and President. I just have to deal with the House race and a few local state office ones. It has occurred to me, however, that they’ll probably pre-empt NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles on Election Night… which is like the most un-American thing EVER!!!

#5: Totally. They also sell Advent calendars with chocolate in them… at least in the States.
    jen recently posted..Why Is This So Hard?My Profile

#3 Oh my, not again! These past two weeks everything was messed up, including Elementary and I think even Fringe… and Doctor Who is on break… And… and…

#5. Yeah, they were sold in Hungary and Ireland and pretty much everywhere. I’m fairly sure I can find them here, too, but since we don’t do Christmas…

1. Glad you’re back!!!

2.The Peter Pan vid, photo you shared made me smile, then laugh. :-)Glad you and some of the kiddos will go see PP. I love the book and any play, movie, etc., that I’ve seen of it. 🙂

Your #3 made me laugh! I’ve said the same thing! The President stuff keeps messing with my fav shows!!! Argh! 😀

4. Yay!!! 🙂

5. YES!!! Such fun!!! 🙂

6. I’m so very sorry to hear this. 🙁 I will pray for your friend. That is THE worse loss ever. 🙁

7. We change times in Nov.

HUGS and Happy Weekend!!! 🙂

Thank you! We are all excited about Peter Pan. I am not sure if I like that he is more underdressed for a kids’ show than he was for Pride, but I take what I can get!

Te ez a Hareles egy botrányosan szar fotó.
    És GYEREK darabhoz egy ilyen szexista képet?! 😀
    Jesszus!

Hétvégén néztünk LEGO adventi naptárat…
    Te! Botrány drááága! :S (úgy, hogyha nem csak egyet kell venned…)

A barátodnak nagyon örülök, én is! :)Lassan ott lesz tényleg mindenkid, akit szeretsz?!
    (Várj, épp repjegyre gyűjtök. 😉 )

Ugye, hogy mennyire szar? Én a fényképész helyében letagadnám!

December 1-től lesz fapados is Izraelbe Budapestről. 😀

Yes, his poor shirt is all ripped up. Wonder who did that to him? 😉 😀
    HUGS!!!
    🙂

Hmmm…then it mighta’ been me. :-O
    Ha!!!! 😀 Your comment made me laugh-snort-laugh!!! 😀

11. Jon Hayenga says:

WOW, that looks like kind of a grown up version of Peter Pan. 😮
    Apparently, Peter did grow up. lol………

Approximately 8 more days until the election is over. Then of course we have to spend several days analyzing it. PLEASE let Obama get re elected. 😮

I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s loss.
    HUGS, Jon