7 Quick Takes Friday!

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

1. October is here and rain is expected on Tuesday! Yay! I’m so very very excited! The Irishman that I am simply loves the rain!

The summers here are humid, but without rain, and the first time it rains is a big thing in my family. We actually have a rain party. 🙂 Of course October is also a birthday heavy month, so we have a lot of parties. The twins’ birthday is coming up on Sunday!
  2. I had my 15 minutes of Internet fame with my post Mazel Tov! this week! Over 315 page views! Thanks to people like Leah and Jill, who shared my link. 🙂
  3. Today is the birthday of the fabulous, beautiful, inspiring Vanessa Hidary, the Hebrew Mamita. Happy birthday to her! The below video is something that I hope my daughters will listen to and learn form.
  4. The Voice debuts tonight in Hungary. So far… X Faktor is way better. The fun thing is, that one of the mentors from X Faktor is the brother of one of the coaches from the Voice. 😀 And the twin girls who sang after each other and the coaches were like, WTF. Now the fun ends there, this show is a lot less engaging than the Israeli version was. Maybe it will pick up later.
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday to Ciska! I told you October is a birthday heavy month! 😀 Go, give her some love on her blog!
  6. I have been backing up my blog every day… somehow I’ve become a favourite of hateful Muslim hackers. I am aware of the vulnerabilities of WP, so my best tactic is be ready to restore.
  7. Shabbat Shalom!

10 Responses to “7 Quick Takes Friday!”

1. Milena says:

Thanks for the Kurt Browning video clip! I’ll show it tomorrow to my two skating children.

2. Milena says:

Viktor Petrenko, yes! Although I preferred Viacheslav Zagorodniuk who came later, when Petrenko was already a professional. And the French Eric Millot. And… 🙂
    When I was a teenager there were no good Swedish skaters, but I have to admit that now I have to cheer for the Swedish skaters, along with my children (although my daughter likes Brian Joubert too)

3. Milena says:

In 1994? Now my memory fails me. Didn’t he win Europeans in 1995? I probably remember wrong though.
    After Worlds in 1995 some of the skaters went on tour, and even came to Sweden, including Zagorodniuk. Me and my best friend skipped school and traveled 500 kms by train to see the show. It was great, although I almost kicked my camera to pieces when shouting for encores… :-D. Such memories.
    I liked Candeloro too. And Steven Cousins. Maybe the level of skating was less advanced then than now, but somehow many of the programs were more interesting!

He won bronze in the world’s in 94, I think. I think my favourite program ever was in 1993, Browining in the Gala in Prague as Charlie Brown. They might not have been that technical, but they were entertaining and artistic.

Oh, Hevel, thank you for your wishes!
    But I do have to say I really don’t follow you on the rain thing. It’s been raining here for weeks. And summer does in no way implicate that it will be dry. To the contrary. Horrible, horrible rain. October is the wettest month here and we have an average of 200 rainy days a year. Humph.

5. Jill says:

1. Enjoy it when it comes! You will have to share about your rain party when you have it. 😀
    2. It is such a beautiful post and was an honor to share it. <3
    3. Wonderful, Hevel, thank you for sharing her. The cumulative effect was powerful, indeed.
    4. Ummm….enjoy? I am evidently the only person in N. America not watching either.
    5. Happy [belated] birthday, Ciska! You have great taste in friends!
    6. I like your other tactic, too. 😉
    7. Since I am late to this party (and soooo many others), I will just say: Shalom.