3.6 km

Yesterday I ran a race. A small, fundraising race. All of 3.6 km. It took me 37 minutes and 11 seconds, so officially this was a DNF, a did not finish. The time limit for this event was 30 minutes, and while they did let everyone run to the finish line, the finish line packages were not handed out to anyone finishing after 30 minutes.

I have toa dmit I was disappointed. Not that I didn’t get a cheap T-shirt and a small bottle of Gatorade–Kevin gave me one of the 3 packets he got–but that it took me over 10 minutes to run a kilometer..more like 10:30.

Of course I tend to forget that I just had a heart surgery and a back surgery recently. I forget that i shouldn’t be able to run at all, and I feel like I failed. On the other hand, I did really well. I ran 3.6 km and finished. It was the longest 3.6 km of my life, but I managed to run it.

14 Responses to “3.6 km”

1. Galit says:

Congratulations! You should be proud of yourself. I hope you guys went out to celebrate. Oh, and buy yourself a new t-shirt!

2. Jill says:

I could not be more proud of you. For real. You are so fabulous!

Thank you. It really was the longest 3.6 km of my life, and I think, for a long time, it will be the last one.

Én továbbra is NAGYON BÜSZKE VAGYOK RÁD!!! <3

És ne, ne felejtsd el, hogy az elmúlt 1 évben 2 nagyon-nagyon komoly műtéted is volt, szóval egy igazi HŐS vagy a szememben.
    A kitartás mintaszobra, mindíg ha valamit épp készülök feladni, Te jutsz az eszembe, hogy Te ezt tuti megcsinálnád, úgyhogy szedd össze magad szivi, és CSINÁLD!

That’s awesome! I can’t even remember the last time I ran more than 3 kilometres. 😉

5. Jon Hayenga says:

I think you did an amazing job. 🙂
    I haven’t gone through anything you have and I highly doubt I would have been able to finish the race. 😮
    Congratulations to you. 🙂
    HUGS, Jon

6. Jon Hayenga says:

My foot hasn’t been bothering me, but to be honest I haven’t exactly been challenging it by getting out and exercise walking on it. And sadly, I have the waistline to prove that. 😮
    I am going under the knife kind of again on Monday. I had a cyst removed from my left temple area in June and by August the dang thing had started to grow back again. I hope this time they get it all.