Saturday Revelation

I just realised that Protestant/restorationist/Bible believing moms like to blog on Blogspot, while Catholic and atheist mommy blogs are more likely to be found on WordPress. Adoption blogs are more common on Blogspot.

Only a few truly self hosted blogs are out there in these categories.

I wonder why?

17 Responses to “Saturday Revelation”

1. Christie says:

Because blogspot is EASY to use…. fairly self explanatory. And parents with kids at home, who home school and teach Sunday School, just don’t have time to reinvent the wheel.

I think WordPress is a lot easier, and gives you way more privacy options than Blogspot. With kids privacy is important. And Catholic and atheist mommy bloggers also have kids, I’m just finding the sectarian division interesting. 🙂

2. Galit says:

I am Jewish, have 5 kids, and I use blogspot. (Why does this feel like an AA meeting?). I use gmail for my email,so using blogger seemedto make sense.I actually did not investigate other options. I have started several blogs on blogger by now.

3. Galit says:

And out of those,how many blog on Shabbat..?

4. Marica says:

I think Blogger is much much much easier to use than WordPress. Right now, I don’t have the interest or desire to tinker with WordPress.

(I don’t have kids [yet] but I think I can still voice an opinion here) 🙂

But you also like Xanga, so I think your vote has to be discarded. 😉 You are a XANGA girl!

• Marica says:

Haha. Well, personal stuff goes on Xanga because people IRL don’t think about Xanga 🙂 For ‘safe’ stuff like my move to Prague, it can go elsewhere where people will find it easier 🙂

But I doubt I will ever reach the popularity I have on Xanga, on Blogger as well. oh well haha

5. Marica says:

Oh – if you click on my name, it’ll take you to my other Blogger which will chronicle my move and new life in Europe 😀 It’ll serve as my travel blog.

6. Yes; the self-hosting is too complicated. I got onto Blogspot because I knew someone who had adopted from our region who invited me to look at her blog (I didn’t even know what blogging was at the time) and she was on blogspot – so I followed suit. Your’re right; she’s Christian…. Maybe that’s why I don’t know any other Catholic adoptive mom bloggers! Introduce me!

The first time I wanted to follow someone on WordPress it was nothing but trouble….and I still find that I get bumped from Ciska’s blog from time to time – there will be nothing I can do to leave a response and it makes me mad! I’ve not had that issue with Blogspot. Also, Blogspot blogs seem to allow for more visual creativity, which I like (though you wouldn’t think it now….no time any more).

My biggest issue with Blogspot is the lack of customization. I also have issues with commenting there, but never on WP.com or my own, self hosted WP blog.

I read several blogs occasionally where Catholic parents adopt. Let me gather a few links for you!

7. Christina says:

I read all kinds of blogs but haven’t noticed the trend. I’ll look harder!

I have been playing with this, making a matrix for all the blogs I visit. 😀 It’s fun!

• Ciska says:

I’m sorry, Hevel, but that makes you a nerd. :-p
        Never really noticed who hangs out where. I did notice that I used to read a lot of blogspot-blogs, but since I changed to WP, I’ve been reading more WP-blogs. And I ‘converted’ to WP before I converted to catholicism. Hmm. Interesting.