7 Quick Takes Friday Ultra Light Edition

— 1 —

Heart fixed. Recovery in progress. (Not really wanting to talk about it more now.)

— 2 —

Undiagnosed allergies suck. Really, who would think they’d cause all kinds of problems?

— 3 —

Best fake Mormon Mommy Blog ever. Too bad she no longer updates.

— 4 —

3 bottles of kosher cola. Picture by Andi.

— 5 —

Because I’m not going to write about certain things in my life, and there is nothing else happening, here is a cute photo of Harel Skaat.

Reading is important, guys! What are you reading now? I’m readingΒ Twilight “The Fallen Angel” by Daniel Silva. It is good. I love reading, and I love reading books that are not necessarily educational, edifying or uplifting, just simply entertaining. I also love the first three, but I’m not snobish enough to not like light reading. And I even have the time for it!

— 6 —

It’s summer. Most of the kids are enjoying their holidays in the States, or are just new soldiers (not so much enjoyment there) or are in Eilat to help my grandma around her home… and enjoy the Red Sea while they are there.

— 7 —

Shabbat Shalom!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

14 Responses to “7 Quick Takes Friday Ultra Light Edition”

Hey! My internet connect was down for days…also computer problems…:-( But, I’m back on now! πŸ™‚
    Allergies can be so bad. πŸ™ Sorry about yours! I hope you feel better soon…can get control of them.
    Love the photos today…especially the Skaat-Man! πŸ˜€
    I LOVE reading! I read some every day! Usually at night. Right now, for guilty pleasure :-D, I’m REreading the Shades of Grey trilogy! πŸ˜€ Shh! Don’t tell anyone! πŸ˜‰
    HUGS!
    πŸ™‚
    PS…I need to check out the link you shared. sounds interesting to me.

2. I looked at that blog, but couldn’t quite figure out (in the time I wanted to give)…her voice, though, sounded like Essie, my personal favorite blogger.

I am reading Death at Pemberly – two of my favorite authors rolled into one. I was able to do this while Anastasia was away, but now she’s back (I sleep with her – long story), I am not near the light….and reading in bed is the only way to go….well, for me.

3. Jill says:

Hi Hevel, how’s the book? Is it one of the Gabriel Allon books? I need to check amazon and see if he’s written any more lately. I’m not snobbish enough to not like light reading, either…but I think you’d guessed that. πŸ˜‰

I wish your blog posts would show up on my facebook newsfeed so I would remember to read them more often.

Yes, it is! It is pretty good. There is one pretty recent I just bought, and then I have a few Glenn Cooper books to re-read. I love his books, too. He is like Dan Brown, only better at writing and playing more freely with the supernatural.

I have networked blogs post the links to my new posts on FB, I think it’s just I’m not someone whose every post shows up on your feed.

4. Jill says:

Well, now you’ll show up on my notifications every time you sneeze. πŸ™‚ Promise not to stalk too creepily, though.

I like Susan Elizabeth Phillips….her stories entertain me and take me away from the stresses of this life for a few moments. I bought a nook so I can always have my library with me. I still buy “real” books but now I am super picky about how I invest my money in that precious commodity. Also, because my husband got so annoyed by my purchasing hardcovers and paperbacks that I didn’t like and all the dust they collected. Now, I buy those books on my nook with NO obvious paper trail to come back to me!!! πŸ˜€

I have a Kindle-clone and my kids have various devices for reading most of the time. Books, especially in English and even more especially in Hungarian are just too expensive in paper form. Plust reading in 6 languages for 18 people would take up space we don’t have.

Wait….18 people??!!??? How many kids do you have??? SIX LANGUAGES!?!??!!!!!??? Envy for you live has just increased exponentially!!!!
    Okay, I’m nosy. I’ll admit. Where is your bio where you tell of this fascinating info which is your life???

My life is looking very tiny and beige in comparison….of course, that could just be the menopause talking…. ;p

There is the About page… That number includes the adults, kids, grandkid, (former) foster kids, and the teen we found on the top bunk. πŸ˜‰ I don’t speak 6 languages, but my kids have a lot of different native languages.