Daydreaming

I think I’m moving to Belgium for three months. There’s beer, there’s chocolate, and there is same sex marriage.

Actually, there is same sex marriage for foreigners, provided at least one of them lives in Belgium… for at least 3 months.

I am an EU citizen. I wouldn’t even need a visa!

And can you imagine how much chocolate I could eat in three months?

Oh, did I mention Israel recognizes same-sex marriages performed elsewhere?

I think Belgium has lot better chocolate than Israel.

And I could meet Ciska.

And I could get my big fat gay wedding.

Of course…. I won’t move to Belgium. Just day dreaming. Again.

12 Responses to “Daydreaming”

1. There must be something very wrong with Israel (or with you?) to think that Belgium would be a great country to live in! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I didn’t know about the three-month rule.

Ah I think if I have to choose between Belgium and the USA, Belgium wins. ๐Ÿ˜€

I got that info from several sites about same sex marriage. I think it makes sense to have a residency requirement, or you’d be flooded with people wanting to get married. Hungary has dentistry tourism. Belgium could have a huge wedding industry. Like Vegas.

2. We have lots and lots of Dutch people who come here for medical tourism. It’s cheaper, better and the waiting lists are much shorter. Organ donation is regulated here in a way that everyone is an organ donor, except when they refuse (instead of the other way around), so we don’t have a huge shortage here.

Yeah, I can see that working out. Alas, while it’s the same way in Hungary, in practice there is a great shortage because of the other factors in organ donation. ๐Ÿ™

3. Annie says:

Oh, Ciska! I think Belgium has a much better reputation than you imagine!

Now, I’ll take my imaginary three months in Russia. I’ll take the train to visit Sergei’s sister, and then rent a dacha in the country. I’ll have nothing to do but walk and read, and watch the children learn to spend time without screens. We’ll eat lots of fresh and healthy food, and I’ll get conversant in Russian again.

I will miss going to Russia this summer with Kevin and Bella, because I won’t be able to fly when they are leaving, but I do thinkmy second three months would be in Siberia. In the summer.

4. Marica says:

Yummmmmm, Belgian chocolate. I’m hungry for chocolate.

I like your daydreaming! It makes me smile! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I just realized I haven’t been daydreaming enough lately. Must be my problem.
    I think where ever YOU are, you will add joy, you will teach others with your words and beliefs, you will make the place a MUCH better place.
    You are better than any chocolate!
    HUGS to you, MyFriend! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just realized that this particular daydream needs major revision, because it’s non-compliant with the daydream of having Harel Skaat sing at my wedding.

Nem tudhatod hol leszel 1-2-3 รฉv mรบlva! ๐Ÿ™‚