9 years already?

Wow. Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix was published 9 years ago.

Why do I remember it? Because that was the day my sons Justin and Matthew were born. They are the only two of my children who have been my children since birth. They are the only ones I can really tell what the day and the night when they were born was like. Kevin had that experience with Craig, too, and I love listening to the two of them talk about that morning. I also like to tell them the story of their births and how everyone was speculating about the book on the labour and delivery floor. They always giggle at that. I keep telling them that 5 million people had been waiting for their day of their birth. That always gets me the biggest smiles, especially since they do get the joke.

So today they turn 9. Twice. That’s 18 candles on two cakes. Matthew asked for home made Texas sheet cake. Bella decorated it with chocolate LEGO figures. Justin really wanted an Angry Birds cake, and really didn’t care what it tasted like. We got a special bakery made Hungarian style punch cake for him, with real marzipan birds and pigs. Marzipan pigs are kosher, by the way. 😉

The boys got the best ever gift: a little sail boating, courtesy of Kevin’s colleague!

Happy birthday, boys!

12 Responses to “9 years already?”

1. Christina says:

Hey there! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I moseyed on over here to visit yours and I’m so looking forward to getting to know you better. Love your heart for kids and adoption and happy we ran into each other on the blogosphere. 🙂 Added you to my reader if that’s okay with you.

Thanks for stopping by! I’m really grateful for 7 Quick Takes Friday, I meet all kinds of interesting people through there, so different from the people I’m surrounded with!

Boldogat Nekik!
    Itt is, újra… 🙂
    Biztos szuper nap volt, és olyan kis mocsok vagy, hogy nálad soha nincs fotó!
    Pedig hogy csorgattuk volna a nyálunkat, ha legalább a tortákról…. 😀

3. De says:

Happy birthday, Justin and Matthew!

HAPPY Birthday to Justin and Matthew!
    Sounds like some fun cakes, and a fun time!
    What a great age!!!