The Most Refreshing Drink Ever

Cucumber Water

I thought cucumber water was so 2011, but apparently it’s still trendy. And this post is, no matter what you think after the next paragraph, is about cucumber water.

Today is Lag B’Omer, and as such, a school holiday for the kids. They came to celebrate the day with us, and so far so good, there are no burn injuries and everyone’s eyebrows are intact. That is not something I could say last year.  Some of the kids stayed last night, some went home after the bonfire Kevin took them to. Among those, who went home was my TV Paprika and other food channel addict son, Matthew. Around midnight he saw a program that shared the recipe of cucumber water, and he remembered that I used to make it last summer, so he decided that he’ll make some for today. He did all the chopping, mixing, filtering, pouring, refrigerating, and ice cube adding all by himself. He didn’t even forget the mint, but when I tasted the most refreshing drink ever, I suspected he added some secret ingredient, possibly lemon? It had a strange, tangly sour flavour to it. Kind of like… pickles.

Yes. My sweet little boy made cucumber water from pickles. 🙂 We had a good laugh about it, and threw away his water bottle–no way I can ever get the vinegar and dill smell out of it, and had ice cold Coca Cola instead. It was refreshing enough.

7 Responses to “The Most Refreshing Drink Ever”

LOL!!!
    Btw, I’ve never heard of this holiday before. Odd, because I wrote my thesis about Bar Kokhba.

Well, the holiday became commonly celebrated after his time, I believe. But it’s a good holiday, I like it.

2. Bozót says:

Clever kiddo! In fact, I like to drink the water off pickles 🙂

Ha! Way to go, Matthew! I would have loved that drink! I love pickles!!! Especially dill!!!
    Happy Lag B’Omer!!
    HUGS!
    PS…REALLY glad no one got burned and everyone has their eyebrows! :-O

I generally like the pickles, but when you let them stand in water overnight, the taste becomes deilluted enough to be weird.

4. Jon Hayenga says:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am intrigued by cucumber water, but I think I will pass on the pickle water. :p
    Hugs, Jon

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Five Favourites « KosherKola - [...] to find something like this. With the summer already here, we need a better solution for serving cucumber water,…