Yom HaShoah

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day. For two minutes the sirens make life stop all over Israel.

7 Responses to “Yom HaShoah”

1. Christie says:

I pray those sirens never have to go off to mark any other tragedy.
    God Bless Israel!

That’s my prayer, too. All too often, especially in the South, these sirens are sounded to warn people about rockets from peaceful Gaza.

• Scott says:

I grew up in Poland and when I was 7 or 8 my parents took me to see Auschwitz, from that point on I have been obseessd with learning everything I could about the Holocaust. I have every children’s book ever written about it (and many adult books) and movies and everything. Although I am not Jewish, many Poles perished in concentration camps as well since they were regarded as the second lowest race. My grandparents siblings were sent to work camps in Siberia. I cannot imagine what all these people went through, I cannot understand those that do not believe it happened, but I totally agree with you that it should never be forgotten….to honor those who died, fought, or survived. On my mother’s side there is some speculation that her father came from a Jewish family…he left my grandma when my mom was little so we really cannot find out more information (he has passed). All my mom knows is that their family name was shorteded during the war, and once as a little girl she got in trouble from her grandmother when she cam across a menorah and “kippah” (sorry if that is incorrect, I’m not sure what the proper name is) at her grandmothers house.

What a powerful statement the sirens make! How important for everyone to remember! The whole world needs to remember!
    This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing this!
    God bless Israel!
    HUGS,
    C.
    PS…I’m still praying for your healing!

Thank you for your prayers! They work!

And yes, that statement is powerful. So is the March of the Living in Auschwitz. One of my boys was there this year, among thousands of people.

3. Danielle says:

Thank you for sharing this!

It is such an important thing to remember and it was beautiful to see life literally stop in remembrance.

-Danielle

This happens twice a year: on Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remeberance Day) and Yom HaZikaron (Memorial Day). Even after 3 and a half years it still gives me chills.